1 - 5 of 52
- ItemFactores que influyen sobre las actitudes hacia la participación de la mujer en el deporte = Factors influencing attitudes towards women's participation in sport(Universidad de A Coruña, 2022-09-01)Sport through the influence of educational institutions improve the promotion of gender equity. The aim of the study was to analyze the influence of gender, area of academic formation and sports practice over the attitudes towards women's participation in sports by the student community of the Universidad Autónoma de Occidente (UAdeO). A cross-sectional study with correlational-explanatory scope was realized with 3,716 (71.3% women and 28.7% men) UAdeO students. The scale about the perception of attitudes towards women's participation in sports (AWPS) was applied. Comparisons were made according to gender, type of sport practice and area of study and regression coefficients were calculated between the sociodemographic variables and the AWPS using the method of introducing variables. The results show that the gender, sports practice, and area of study variables were significant predictors of three scales of the AWPS. Likewise, differences were observed in the AWPS factors as a function of sociodemographic variables. It is possible to conclude that the attitudes towards women's participation in sport of the participants are influenced by the variables gender, sport practice and area of studies. Copyright (c) 2022 Sportis. Scientific Journal of School Sport, Physical Education and Psychomotricity
- ItemAvaliação dos riscos de transmissão do SARS-CoV-2 durante o treinamento de um clube de futebol no Brasil = Evaluation of the risks associated with the transmission of SARS-Cov-2 during a professional football club's training in Brazil(School of Physical Education and Sport of the University of São Paulo (EEFEUSP), 2022-08-30)COVID-19 is an infectious disease with respiratory transmission caused by the new coronavirus. Due to the high viral transmissibility, sports activities were severely impacted all over the world and in Brazil football was paralyzed for about four months. The objective of this study was to identify the activities with the highest risk of Covid-19 transmission in a professional soccer club in Rio de Janeiro based on a cross-sectional study with a semi-quantitative emphasis. The results showed that physical training showed a greater number of touches (105) with a high prevalence of hand on the ball (94%). The antibody search found that 24,2% tested positive for IgG during the study. During the training phase, no cases of SARS-CoV-2 transmission between players and staff were identified. It is believed that biosafety measures and the individual and collective commitment of everyone to social isolation and hygiene measures are an important strategy for the viability of sports activities. Copyright (c) 2022 Brazilian journal of physical education and sport
- ItemReview on social sports projects in Brazil: Review update, qualitative methanalysis and research gap perception(Federacion Espanola de Docentes de Educacion Fisica, 2022)Brazil is a country of great social inequalities, and both sports and social projects are credited as potential modifiers of these realities. Based on this principle, this study seeks to understand how social sports projects were studied, planned, and evaluated, based on the scientific literature. A review with characteristics of qualitative meta-analysis was carried out in the Portal of Periodicals of CAPES with the descriptors 'project'; 'sports'; and 'social'; and after the inclusion of only peer-reviewed journals, analysis of titles and abstracts, and consequent exclusion of articles that did not specifically deal with sports projects of a social nature, a total of nine articles were reached for full reading. The most relevant themes for the research objective were "social vulnerabilities", the "diversity of methodologies used to obtain the results", and "gaps found in the discussions/omissions about the methodologies worked and evaluations of the declared objectives". It is concluded from the results of the participants' speeches that those spaces are valuable, due to the offer of different experiences than the harshness found in the daily life of the peripheral spaces to which they lived. However, it is believed that there are ways pointed out in the literature to plan, execute, and evaluate the effects on the life world of these young people more effectively. It is intended that this review can serve as a basis for future studies that seek to make empirical analyzes in other social sports projects, due to the quality perceived in the methodological approach of the articles. © Copyright: Federación Española de Asociaciones de Docentes de Educación Física (FEADEF).
- ItemDIAMOND OF THE DESERT: THE CASE OF QATAR’S 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP(University of Rijeka, Faculty of Tourism and Hospitality Management, Opatija, 2022)For the first time in the Arab world, the FIFA World Cup in Qatar 2022 was one of the main drivers for promoting important infrastructural changes in the country, as well as for transforming the image of Qatar in order to make the destination more attractive to foreign tourists. However, despite the great wealth from its Oil & Gas reserves, several social challenges that historically affect the country began to emerge due to greater coverage of the international media, threatening the expectations of positive legacies left on the country's image from the event. Given this context, the case puts the reader in the role of Ahmed Al-Nasr, then Chairman of the Qatar Supreme Committee for Delivery and Legacy, as he faces different pressures made by major international brands sponsoring the event who now see their image threatened by successive controversies that the country has been involved in and they are threatening to withdraw their support and investments. The case is indicated for undergraduate and graduate students of courses in the area of Tourism, Sport Management, and Business interested in discussing topics and concepts related to environmental, social, and governance (ESG) responsibility, management of mega events, international marketing, and country destination image.
- ItemEsporte antes e depois(Autonomous University of Lisbon, 2021)Por ser o espelho da sociedade, estamos próximos de uma grande mudança no mundo esportivo. A oportunidade de refletir e dar um grande salto para uma evolução extraordinária será inevitável por todos nós. É evidente que este momento de crise é uma consequência de anomalias do ecossistema muito antes de janeiro de 2020. O fato é que a história se dividirá entre a era antes da COVID-19 (AC2020) e a era depois da COVID-19 (DC2020). Nos últimos anos, com o fim da terceira revolução industrial, a sociedade brasileira aguardava com entusiasmo a tão chegada era do Conhecimento. Enquanto grandes autoridades e corporações promoviam a disrupção digital, com a promoção da democratização da tecnologia, erramos todos, impactados com as respostas dos nossos atos.